Thank you for helping us reach our Giving Tuesday goal:
$10 from 1,000 people!
Below are step-by-step instructions to help you set up your #DonateSmall Facebook Fundraiser. We tried to make it quick, easy and fun to help us. Let's get started! Just follow the orange arrows.
1. Create your fundraiser
Log in to your Facebook account and click “Fundraisers” in the left menu of your news feed. The option to create a fundraiser also appears when you click on the downward arrow on the far right of the top toolbar.
2. Click “Raise Money.”
3. Click “Get Started,” then select “Nonprofit” and search or select “The Global Good Fund.”
4. Set up your fundraiser’s page.
Fundraising goal: $500
Fundraiser end date: 11/28/18
Fundraiser Name: #DonateSmall To Support More Social Enterprise Leaders
Fundraiser Description: You can copy & paste the below text!
The Global Good Fund invests in people who invest in the world.
I’m helping them raise money to support more social enterprise leaders through their Giving Tuesday campaign, #DonateSmall. Will you help me & The Global Good Fund raise $10 from 1,000 people by November 28?
I believe the best way to achieve global impact is by developing the people who are solving our world’s most complex social issues through business. The Global Good Fund provides $10,000 to each participant in their Fellowship Program to be spent exclusively on tools and experiences that will make them a better leader. Your $10 contribution enables GGF to support another innovative leader – one who may be developing technology to solve a global health issue, or soliciting change in the criminal justice system, or helping to level the playing field for marginalized groups like women and veterans.
Follow @GlobalGoodFund to witness first-hand the unbelievable impact their social enterprise leaders are achieving all over the world.
6. Choose a Cover Image for your Fundraiser.
On the cover image selection page you will see photo options from The Global Good Fund's Facebook album. To upload our #DonateSmall cover photo, click "EDIT"in the right corner of the default cover photo, then select “UPLOAD NEW PHOTO,” and choose our #DonateSmall image from your files. Once you’ve uploaded our provided cover image, click “CREATE” to make your fundraiser’s page available for everyone to see!
7. Spread the word!
Inviting all of your friends to participate in your Fundraiser will maximize your results! You can take an extra step by emailing your contacts to notify them about your Facebook fundraiser, sharing the link to your fundraiser’s page, and asking them to contribute in your honor. You can also reach out to friends over Facebook message. These steps will help increase your fundraiser’s visibility – and attract more donors.
8. Notes about Privacy & Security
- Fundraisers can only be created by Facebook users who are 18 years of age or older.
- When you donate to a fundraiser, the charitable organization to which you are donating and the creator of the fundraiser will be able to see your donation. However, the amount you donate will never be shared on Facebook.
- Donations made through Facebook to AAUW national are tax deductible, though tax laws vary by state and by country.
- The way Facebook designed the fundraiser function, only individuals can currently create a fundraiser and those gifts are for the national AAUW Fund. However, engaging with your branch members on social media and using Facebook to promote other fundraising strategies is always a good idea.
- After you make a donation, a confirmation email from Facebook will be sent to the primary email address listed for your Facebook account. This confirmation shows that you’ve made this donation as a charitable contribution and that you are not receiving any goods or services in return.
- Donations to U.S.-based charitable organizations made through Facebook are assessed a 5 percent fee. Two percent covers costs of nonprofit vetting, fraud prevention, operational costs, and payment support. The remaining 3 percent covers payment processing.