BECOMING A GLOBAL GOOD FUND FELLOW – Global Good Fund
Double-click to edit
Tap to edit
BECOMING A GLOBAL GOOD FUND FELLOW
Posted by globalgoodfund on Sept. 28, 2018
HERE’S THE DEAL:
We invest in leaders who invest in the world. Those who dedicate each and every day to helping others, who sometimes forget to prioritize themselves along the way. We want a relationship. We want social entrepreneurs who not only want us, but need us. That’s why we have such an intensive application process.
Our program is specifically designed to develop the leadership skills of social entrepreneurs around the world. So, what does this mean? How do you know if this program is right for you?
Eligibility for Entrepreneurs:
- + Enterprise that the candidate leads is at least two years old;
- + Enterprise must have at least one full-time employee in addition to the candidate;
- + Candidate is committed full‐time to running his/her enterprise;
- + Candidate is under 40 years of age (if 40 or older, explain rationale for joining fellowship);
- + Candidates should not be currently receiving formal coaching/mentoring support;if they are applying for other fellowships within the 2022 fellowship cycle, please make sure it is indicated within your application.
- + Candidate has to be in a position where s/he has decision making power.
Eligibility for Organizations:
- + Organization can be a for profit, non-profit or hybrid.
- + Organization can be international, domestic or both.
- + Can be a for-profit, hybrid, or undecided venture, as long as the core mission is to create measurable social change.
- + The Global Good Fund fellowship is primarily focused on selecting enterprises in the following sectors: Financial Technology, Environment, Education, Economic Mobility and Health however we will consider applicants who fall outside of these areas as related to their potential for social impact and systematic change.
- + Organization has a set and sound business model with the ability to scale in the long term.
We want fellows who are fully able to commit to us and our program. We want fellows who seek mentorship, who are eager to be coached. The younger the social entrepreneur, the greater the potential for long-term impact, and the more likely they are to be in need of mentoring. These are the social entrepreneurs who need us. Ones who need their leadership skills tuned and honed to best drive their team and enterprise onto greater success.
So, let’s say you’ve decided this is the perfect program for you.
We have three steps/phases to find the social entrepreneurs who need us.
- Phase I: May-June
- A generic, easy-to-answer questionnaire to make sure you meet our very basic criteria. This phase is important to get a general sense of who you are and your business. It also helps us see how interested you really are in our program. Do you just want to add us onto your resume, or do you really have a desire to join our family and work on your leadership skills?
- Phase II: July-August
- If you’ve met all of our criteria, or have given reasonable explanation as to why you don’t meet a certain criteria, you will usually move on. The next phase is composed of a more comprehensive survey to learn the extent of your business, your role, and the social impact your organization is having and hopes to have.
- Phase III: October/November
- Once we’ve made our selections from Phase II applicants, we invite them onto our final phase – a video conference interview between our staff with a volunteer, and the applicant with either a team member or community member who has been impacted by them or their organization. This phase helps us connect with you on a deeper level, and learn why you want to join our program. It also allows us to see the impact you are having on your team or in your community. Once this phase has been completed, we select our finalists.
First, if you don’t meet most of our criteria, it is highly likely that this program isn’t for you.
Second, tell us your need for this program! Why would you start a relationship with someone who isn’t interested in you? That’s how it is here. We want to be wanted.
Lastly, this application process is a long journey. If you don’t make it to the next phase, or you aren’t selected, it’s because we get so many incredible applicants. It’s not because we don’t believe in you or your mission. Regardless of whether or not you’re accepted into our program, we want you to succeed. We want you to continue having social impact in your community. Don’t let it discourage you. You never know – next year may just be the year you join the GGF family.
The Global Good Fund
is a registered 501(c)(3)
public charity number 46-1495972